2017-2018 Committee Application
The Latinx Mentoring Program is introducing a student-led committee designed to aid in the management and design of the Latinx Mentoring Program. Therefore, LMP is seeking dedicated, creative students to join its team.
Committee members will be expected to contribute to the structure, maintenance, and development of LMP. In doing so, members will plan yearly Comunidad sessions (workshops), social events, and also ensure that mentor-mentee relationships are thriving. Members will gain unique leadership experience by working alongside the existing Carolina Latinx Collaborative (CLC) staff and serving as an intermediary between the CLC and students.
Students must possess the following:
- A flexible schedule, allowing for mandatory bi-weekly committee meetings and about 1-2 hours a week of outside preparation
- Willingness to learn and work with a team
- Creativity and a passion to help students
- Past experience as mentor/mentee for LMP preferred, but not required
- Applicants of all backgrounds accepted. *Not Latinx exclusive
As a member of the committee, you will be aiding in LMP’s mission to provide a home for, improve the retention rates of, and promote positive college experiences for Latinx students at UNC.
- Gaining new leadership skills and fortifying existing ones
- Opportunities for professional and social networking
- Access to educational, social, and professional resources