Apply to be a Peer Mentor!
The Latinx Mentoring Program (LMP) pairs participating incoming Latinx students with current undergraduate students. The goal of the program is to help you with your transition into academics, social life, and student life at UNC by recreating the type of tight-knit family connections that are inherent in Latinx culture.
LMP focuses on four key components:
- Relationship building
- Educational development
- A welcoming cultural environment
- A support network
As relationships grow among students, faculty, alumni, and community members, we will create an environment to support educational development.
- Send your Peer Mentors a “welcome to Carolina” email to remind them about the Carolina Latinx Collaborative CLC Open House
- Attend the mentor training/networking event
- Attend scheduled LMP events throughout the year. The full calendar of events will be shared in the handbook
- Maintain contact with your mentee at least 3-4 times per semester. Contact may occur in person, online or via text.
- After each contact, send a summarization report to Josmell Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy your time as a mentor!