LMP Mentee Registration
The Latinx Mentoring Program (LMP) pairs participating incoming Latinx students with current undergraduate students. The goal of the program is to help you with your transition into academics, social life, and student life at UNC by recreating the type of tight-knit family connections that are inherent in Latinx culture.
LMP focuses on four key components:
- Relationship building
- Educational development
- A welcoming cultural environment
- A support network
As relationships grow among students, faculty, alumni, and community members, we will create an environment to support educational development.
- Attend the Carolina Latinx Collaborative (CLC) Open House in August 2017
- Attend scheduled monthly Comunidad Session. The full calendar of events will be posted in July 2017
- Maintain contact with your mentor at least 3-4 times per semester. Contact may occur in person, online or via text.
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy your time as a mentor!