Our Purpose… is to provide a space for Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies to network and create a discourse about access, social development, education, positive communication, and cross-cultural understanding in a Latinx-centered setting in the triangle area. We aim to develop this into space for people to convene annually to have critical dialogue, and exchange of information in order to empower the next generation of Latinx thinkers.
Attending La Conferencia:
- All registration submissions must be made through this online form by 5:00 p.m. EDT on March 12th, 2021, in order to participate in the conference programming. **Although registration will remain open up to a week before the conference, we have set February 26th, 2021 as the priority deadline in order to receive conference materials before the program.**
- After the February 26th priority deadline, we will be mailing a conference package to enhance your attendance experience. If you register post the deadline, we will still aim to mail you your package, we just cannot guarantee its arrival before the program.
- This conference will be hosted 100% virtually on March 19th and 20th, 2021.
- March 19th will be a shorter program day consisting of opportunities to network with other conference participants and engage in social programming.
- March 20th will be our knowledge sharing and building day consisting of 4 blocks of sessions and a keynote speaker.
- We are thrilled to share that we had an outstanding number of conference proposals submitted and you all will be able to pick from several sessions across our four major themes.
Who Can Attend:
- As a reminder, this conference is open to Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies both at UNC-Chapel Hill and beyond!
- Registration fees are being collected at this link: https://go.unc.edu/CLCCFee
- We understand that this has been a year unlike any other and it has created new challenges for many of us. For this reason, the conference registration is donation based. If you are able, we are recommending a $5.00 donation per attendee, but if this is an obstacle for you, we completely understand and invite you to join us regardless of payment.
We are looking forward to you joining us for our inaugural Conferencia!
Call For Programs: *Closed*
We are searching for presenters to share insights in the following content areas for La Conferencia:
- Under this area, the presenters will be showcasing scholarship, highlighting new ways of thinking and learning, and/or providing a space for folks to share ideas.
- Future Planning
- Sessions will focus on applying and attending graduate school, tips and insights on the job search, and/or how someone goes about goal setting after leaving college.
- These sessions will provide the attendees with space to discuss their Latinx identity development, find cultural understanding across the diversity of Latinidad, and overall shared experiences around being a Latinx person in a college.
- Giving Back
- In this content area, the sessions will center service, community engagement, and staying connected to nuestra gente as a young professional.
PLEASE SUBMIT PRESENTATION PROPOSALS BY FEBRUARY 8TH, 2021 BY 5:00 PM TO THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Keep in touch with us via social media to get updates on La Conferencia!