La Conferencia 2023
Our Purpose… is to provide a space for Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies to network and create a discourse about access, social development, education, positive communication, and cross-cultural understanding in a Latinx-centered setting in the triangle area. We aim to develop this into a space for people to convene annually to have critical dialogue, and exchange of information in order to empower the next generation of Latinx thinkers.
Call For Programs:
We are searching for presenters to share insights in the following content areas for La Conferencia:
- Under this area, the presenters will be showcasing scholarship, highlighting new ways of thinking and learning, and/or providing a space for folks to share ideas.
- Future Planning
- Sessions will focus on applying and attending graduate school, tips and insights on the job search, and/or how someone goes about goal setting after leaving college.
- These sessions will provide the attendees with space to discuss their Latinx identity development, find cultural understanding across the diversity of Latinidad, and overall shared experiences around being a Latinx person in a college.
- Giving Back
- In this content area, the sessions will center service, community engagement, and staying connected to nuestra gente as a young professional.
Attending La Conferencia:
Registration opens January 13th, 2023
Who Can Attend:
- This conference is open to Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies both at UNC-Chapel Hill and beyond!
- Registration Deadline: March 6th, 2023 at 5:00pm EST
- Community members: $50
- Students: $20
- This conference will be hosted in-person on UNC-Chapel Hill’s campus
- In-Person Social: March 24, 2023
- Conference Sessions: March 25, 2023
- Closing Event: March 26, 2023
- March 24 will consist of an evening social event to network with other conference participants and local professionals
- March 25 will be our knowledge sharing and building day consisting of 4 blocks of sessions and keynote panel speakers
- March 26 will be our final connection opportunity and we will host an outdoor event at a local park
Keynote Panelists Details Coming Soon
La Conferencia Program Details Coming Soon
Keep in touch with us via social media to get updates on La Conferencia!