Carolina Latinx Collaborative
The Carolina Latinx Collaborative (CLC) is committed to developing a greater awareness of Latinx issues, cultures and identities by building collaborative relationships across campus and the community. Through these relationships, the CLC has created a network that connects various groups on campus involved in academic and cultural projects and programs. The CLC provides a supportive environment for students, faculty, staff and alumni to discuss and understand important issues that affect the Latinx community. We provide a welcoming space for Latinx students through resources and services that foster and enrich their academic, social and cultural experience.
- Collaborates with the UNC Program in Latina/o Studies, the Carolina Hispanic Association, the Spanish House (La Casa) and others to create programs that represent the rich diversity of the Latinx Community and reflect the artistic, academic, cultural, social and political aspects of all Latinx at Carolina.
- Establishes new resources, programs and services to create a welcoming environment.
- Provides educational and leadership opportunities that will ensure the retention and success of Carolina Latinx students.
- Collaborates with University departments to provide resources, services, and programs toward the goal of retaining Latinx faculty and staff.
- Continues to develop relationships with our stakeholders to generate revenue sources for the support of its new programming, resources and services.
- Establishes new resources, programs and services to recruit and better serve first-year Latinx students in their transition to college and integration at Carolina.
- Establishes strong partnership with Latinx Alumni to build a larger support network for the Latinx community at Carolina.
- Provides bilingual support as needed across campus.
CLC programs include:
- Latinx Mentoring Program (for all incoming Latinx students)
- CLC Open House during the Week of Welcome: Fall 2017
- Latinx Heritage Month: September 15-October 15 (national tribute to the generations of Latinx who have influenced and enriched our nation)
- Latinx Alumni Reunion: Fall 2017
- Celebrating Latinx Culture Day: Spring 2018 (opportunity to go into community to have an impact)
- 2018 Éxitos Recognition Reception