The Carolina Latina/o Collaborative (CLC) is committed to developing a greater awareness of Latina/o issues, cultures and identities by building collaborative relationships across campus and the community. Through these relationships, the CLC has created a network that connects various groups on campus involved in academic and cultural projects and programs. The CLC provides a supportive environment for students, faculty, staff and alumni to discuss and understand important issues that affect the Latina/o community. We provide a welcoming space for Latina/o students through resources and services that foster and enrich their academic, social and cultural experience.
The CLC offers its offices, gallery and meeting space for interdisciplinary innovations in scholarship, education, culture, and community engagement. Along with other programming, the CLC organizes two major annual celebrations on campus: the annual campus-wide Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration and the Latina/o Alumni Reunion.
The Carolina Latina/o Collaborative:
- Collaborates with the UNC Program in Latina/o Studies, the Carolina Hispanic Association, the Spanish House and others to create programs that represent the rich diversity of the Latina/o Community and reflect the artistic, academic, cultural, social and political aspects of all Latinas/os at Carolina.
- Establishes new resources, programs and services to create a welcoming environment.
- Provides educational and leadership opportunities that will ensure the retention and success of Carolina Latina/o students.
- Collaborates with University departments to provide resources, services, and programs toward the goal of retaining Latina/o faculty and staff.
- Continues to develop relationships with our stakeholders to generate revenue sources for the support of its new programming, resources and services.
- Establishes new resources, programs and services to recruit and better serve first-year Latina/o students in their transition to college and integration at Carolina.
- Establishes strong partnership with Latina/o Alumni to build a larger support network for the Latina/o community at Carolina.
- Provides bilingual support as needed across campus.