La Conferencia 2023
Our Purpose… is to provide a space for Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies to network and create a discourse about access, social development, education, positive communication, and cross-cultural understanding in a Latinx-centered setting in the triangle area. We aim to develop this into a space for people to convene annually to have critical dialogue, and exchange of information in order to empower the next generation of Latinx thinkers.
Registration is Closed
Attending La Conferencia:
Who Can Attend:
- This conference is open to Latinx students, staff, faculty, and their allies both at UNC-Chapel Hill and beyond!
- Registration Deadline: March 17th, 2023 at 5:00pm EST
- Community members: $50
- UNC Students: $20
*If you have any concerns about the fees, please reach out to use directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, we do not believe that it should limit your ability to join us.*
- This conference will be hosted in-person on UNC-Chapel Hill’s campus
- In-Person Social: March 24, 2023
- Conference Sessions: March 25, 2023
- Closing Event: March 26, 2023
- March 24 will consist of an evening social event to network with other conference participants and local professionals
- March 25 will be our knowledge-sharing and building day consisting of 4 blocks of sessions and keynote panel speakers
- March 26 will be our final connection opportunity and we will host an outdoor event at a local park
La Conferencia 2023 Keynote Panel
Featuring: Carolina Aguilar, MA, LCMHC, TRCC; Marisol Perez, LCSW; Juan Prandoni PhD, LPA, HSP-PA; and Alexandra Calix-Hughes PhD, MSW, LCSW
Call For Programs is Now Closed:
We are searching for presenters to share insights in the following content areas for La Conferencia:
- Under this area, the presenters will be showcasing scholarship, highlighting new ways of thinking and learning, and/or providing a space for folks to share ideas.
- Future Planning
- Sessions will focus on applying and attending graduate school, tips and insights on the job search, and/or how someone goes about goal setting after leaving college.
- These sessions will provide the attendees with space to discuss their Latinx identity development, find cultural understanding across the diversity of Latinidad, and overall shared experiences around being a Latinx person in a college.
- Giving Back
- In this content area, the sessions will center service, community engagement, and staying connected to nuestra gente as a young professional.
Keep in touch with us via social media to get updates on La Conferencia!
Carolina Latinx Center on Facebook
Carolina Latinx Center on Instagram
Carolina Latinx Center on Twitter
Carolina Latinx Center on LinkedIn