6 Easy Self-Care Practices
Over the course of these past few weeks, we have been reminded of the importance of self-care and taking time to relax and decompress. Although we are at an academically rigorous institution, we cannot do our best if we do not take time for ourselves. Something as simple as shutting your laptop and taking a 10-minute walk will boost your mood and remove you from a stressful environment. Having gone on fall break recently emphasized the need for a break even more. And with finals around the corner, it is important to prioritize our mental health and overall well-being.
Below are some self-care ideas along with some productive ones that are easy but can be helpful:
- Grab a coffee or snack from Stone and Leaf Cafe
- Go to the gym for at least 30 minutes (get your body moving!)
- Go for a walk around campus (alone or with friends)
- Call a friend or family member you have not talked to recently
- Watch a show or movie
- Grab a group of friends and go study
I hope these ideas help some of you. Let us know if you try them out!